IN76 and 1930 0r 2930

dgp750

Standard Member
Hi guys... Looking for some opinions, hope u can help...

Am getting an IN76 for Xmas an as my old Tosh DVD is not HDMI enabled, am gonna get a replc DVD player so as to make the best of the new proj...

Aware as I am that both the IN76 and the HDMI DVD would have scalers within...........

MY QUESTION IS... Do u believe that the better results would be obtained by using the IN76 / 1930 combo with the proj doing the scaling or the IN76 / 2930 and allowing the more capable scaler, (than the 1930), do the job?

Thinking that within 6-9mnts or so, HD DVD players are gonna be much more afordable than now, i would obviously wanna go for the least costly option, but not if u think there will be a big difference between either of the suggested combos above.

Or would I prob notice no difference...? Thanks in advance...

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
Or would I prob notice no difference...? Thanks in advance...
Are you asking us if you will notice the difference? I might, and Joe Bloggs next door might but that doesn't mean to say you will. Get yourself to a proper dealer and see them both side by sie on the IN76 and decide for yourself. That is unless you plan on buying as cheap as you can online, in which case please do not waste the dealers time if you have no intention of buying from them.

dgp750

Standard Member
That is unless you plan on buying as cheap as you can online, in which case please do not waste the dealers time if you have no intention of buying from them.
Wow... How judgemental is that!!! You assume a lot!!! For your infomation all of my Arcam gear inc a CD192, A90/P90 and all interconnects were purchased from my local sevenoaks and my B&W 603's from another local dealer. having been in sales for 18yrs, I appreciate what ur saying but I was purley asking the question of what I BELIEVED WERE A BUNCH OF FRIENDLY INFORMED AND MOSTLY POLITE GUYS ON HERE... I have see alot of ur "Crusty" replys and I have mostly put some of ur "acid" comments down to ur obvious position within the industry and knowledge but pls be aware that does not give u the "God given right" to make such comments...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom