IN72 Hooking up cable tv?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by abandon.inc, Dec 28, 2006.

1. abandon.inc

abandon.inc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased the in focus in72, since it was somewhat of a good deal, and i didn't need the absolute best...but now its occurred to me that i would like to hook my cable tv up. I have standard cable from comcast (I'm from the US). But I'm not sure how to do this, since my projector doesn't have a RF input. Currently I have my xbox hooked up to my A/V receiver via component and optical, and from there i have the component out, going to my projector.
    My receiver, Onkyo hts590, doesn't have rf input either, :rolleyes: .

I've searched around and asked friends, but they aren't sure either...is a VCR or DVD player my best option? I would almost certainly want component output, because I already have component going there and I don't need another 30 foot cable running through my wall.

I've searched around for DVD players and VCR's and toshiba was the only one that had 1 RF in and component out, and also digital audio. And also, one friend said only vcr's can change channels or something? I would need this feature.

Thanks in advanced, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I've searched and dindt find anything, and since this topic deals with hooking up cable to my projector i put it in this thread.

2. Anim

Anim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62