1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In with a dvd writer? out with my DVD player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BigScreenAl, Nov 27, 2004.

1. BigScreenAl

BigScreenAl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seriously thinking of getting rid of my Pioneer DV-668AV and getting a DVD writer.

It's main useage would be to record TV but also very important to record to DVD's from my Sony TRV33E digital camcorder.

I definately want component connection to my TV so am looking at the Sony RDR-HX1000 or Sony RDR-HX900 (assume only difference is HDD size and therefore price?) or the Pioneer DVR-720H-S but don't think this has component?

Any thoughts on my suggested purchases?

Thanks,

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,216
    The Pioneer range do not have component connections. The Sony RX900 and RX1000 do have these connections - as do the Panasonic range (E85, E95, E500) and the Toshiba RDXS32. All will do what you want to varying degrees.

The Toshiba RDXS32 is the all-round favourite at present due to price/features/performance.

The Panasonic range is very popular largely due to the fact that they offer the best recording quality.

The Sony range has not been widely adopted here for a number of reasons: lack of HDD playlists, flexible record and a 'Divide' function are the main reasons.