• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

In-Wall Speakers

A

Abootnoo

Having just doubled the size of my house, I now have room to bring my floorstanders out of the cupboard for the first time in years. Trouble is, they now look entirely out of place.

I installed wall and ceiling mounted speakers in a couple of other rooms, and these have worked well. None are up to the quality of a main room speaker though.

Has anyone got any experience of / recommendations for a 'proper' set of in-wall speakers? I've seen (but not heard) a few Speakercraft and Martin Logan models listed.

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
M&K do a whole range and they rarely get it wrong with HC, I guess it depends on your listening preferences and budget. :)

I haven't heard any myself though...

the hoff

Established Member
Might be a bit late, but I have set of M+K in-walls for fronts and B+W in-ceiling speakers for rears in a 7.1 set up. The M+K in particular are absolutely fantastic. They are the best home-cinema speakers I have heard, with the possible exception of even more expensive M+K speakers.
I also have a triad in-wall sub - great bass extension, without an ugly box on the floor!
I got all my stuff as a custom install (Frank Harvey Hi-fi in Coventry), but I would think any decent installer would be able to get them for you.
As i said, sorry it took so long to post. Hope it is of some use.

Pop up Dragon

Established Member
I have several pairs of the Speakercraft installed at home.I listened to all sorts of small box speakers before going the inwall/ceiling way.The results have been great,my swmbo is very happy and everyone who's listened to it says how good it is.One of the problems i think people have is that they can see inwalls for about £50 a pair ,as they can box speakers and as he saying goes "you get what you pay for".Some of the better box speakers when you look at them you can see what you are paying for,with install speakers they all sort of look the same(maybe not the Speakercraft Starlets or Rogues or some of the M & K's)

Neil Davidson

Prominent Member
AVForums Sponsor
As SamSaid said (!) you can't go wrong with the Triad in walls or even in ceilings or TBH with any of their range. Some of the range have directed drivers that make it possible to get a much better performance than from many "rival" units!

Neil

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom