In Wall Speakers

Woody5

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, hope someone can help me choose an in wall Centre speaker. I’m going to be buying a pair of Bose 891 for my two front left And right and some rear ceiling speakers. But I’m struggling with a centre speaker to complement the two front ones.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Are you set on the Bose?

My understanding is the Bose in wall speakers are designed specifically to generate a fairly disperse sound field which doesn't sound ideal for surround speakers to me.

Room/Front layout - any pics or a drawing of what you are planning.

In-wall speakers - why choose a stereo pair designed for wide dispersion and then give yourself the headache of finding a mis-matched Centre, there are plenty of options for In-wall Front LCR (ideally you install three of the same speaker in the same orientation).

Joe

I’m not 100% settled on Bose. I’m just looking for a decent setup. I’m going to have a 5.1 with Dolby Atmos on the ceiling. Any recommendations on speaker would be great. But it has to be in wall and either around or under £250 a speaker.

Tv is going to be an LG C9 65” so want a decent surround sound. Tv wall was build to house in wall speakers and led strips behind the tv.

Attachments

• 036AFFC8-B834-4E30-8A27-FAF5A012A856.jpeg
    036AFFC8-B834-4E30-8A27-FAF5A012A856.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 75
In-wall Front LCR - we would normally be installing/supplying the Atlantic Technology IW-105LCR (approx £350 each) or the Earthquake Sound EWS800 (approx £250 each).

Joe

PS Worth considering just sticking with a Front LR (no Centre) as your speakers are going to be pretty close to each other - your seating may give you a steer on that one.

Last edited:
Is
In-wall Front LCR - we would normally be installing/supplying the Atlantic Technology IW-105LCR (approx £350 each) or the Earthquake Sound EWS800 (approx £250 each).

Joe

PS Worth considering just sticking with a Front LR (no Centre) as your speakers are going to be pretty close to each other - your seating may give you a steer on that one.

Is it going to be overkill having a LR and centre on that wall? Also what’s your thoughts on Polk rc85i. Also on Monitor Audio speakers as they only seem to stock those brands at Peter Tyson and Richer sounds

LCR vs. LR - I would be considering LR only, which would potentially allow you to install the higher quality speaker (if you retain the £250 x3 budget).

Loudspeakers - as per previous post we tend to supply the units I linked too. If you want to shop with someone 'local' I would hope they can provide a demo of the systems they are recommending.

False wall - have you checked how much depth you have to play with?

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom