• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question In Wall Speakers with Q Acoustics 7000

evo97

Established Member
Will be decorating the the lounge very soon and thinking of what front speakers to replace with my existing QA 7000 5.1 (but keep the rears and sub) I was eyeing up a pair of 2020i (great price now they are discontinued) but I don't think they are going to be child friendly on stands and there to big to be wall mounted as the PJ screen will interfere with them.

Now in wall seems to be way forward but 3 in wall QA's to serve as LCR will be close to £600 so I was wondering if any one has experience with Emphasys WL50s as 3 will cost around £300 or is inwall not the way to go? Just not convinced a speaker without a cabinet can sound that good? The wall they will be fitted into is a stud partition wall...not sure if that's good or not (can insulate/fill area with insulation to improve)
Is mixing brands not a good idea (even tho the LCR will be the same make)

Use is a 50/50 mix of Music and TV/Film.

Is floorstanders the way forward and ditch the sub room is only approx 7m x 4m so maybe over kill.

Looking forward to your advice

Thanks in advance Nathan

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom