In Wall Speakers: Any good?

chanjam

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there - I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience of this?

I have Monitor Audio Silver series hooked up to my pio LX86 but the floorstanders and centre are pretty bulky so am considering some kind of in-wall setup like the B&W CI series or the Monitor Audio Series:

CI 700 | Custom Installation - Bowers & Wilkins | B&W Speakers
Ci Series | Products | Monitor Audio

I'm struggling to find any (decent) reviews on them so I'm suspecting that they aren't a good alternative and I'm trying to determine how much worse the sound quality is and if its prohibitively expensive to obtain decent sound from these. Any thoughts/experience greatly appreciated!!!!

In-wall can work very well - there are some very high quality systems using In-wall.

Triad Speakers Online

Atlantic Technology have a relatively affordable range of In-wall cabinets so don't load the cavity and are then less reliant/affected by the wall construction.

Atlantic Technology - In-Wall / In-Ceiling Speakers

We have used supplied the above on quite a few systems.

Joe

In-wall can work very well - there are some very high quality systems using In-wall.

Triad Speakers Online

Atlantic Technology have a relatively affordable range of In-wall cabinets so don't load the cavity and are then less reliant/affected by the wall construction.

Atlantic Technology - In-Wall / In-Ceiling Speakers

We have used supplied the above on quite a few systems.

Joe
Hi joe and thanks for your reply! I have seen a few references to triad but have never seen any of their products in the UK. Do you know How they would they compare to the b&w cwm7.3 for example which I'm told are excellent and if there is anywhere I can listen to them? Being an absolute novice to the in wall market I'm worried that it will sacrifice of depth of sound.

If you have the budget there is no loss of quality when using In-wall vs. On-wall or freestanding speakers, just a different set of challenges.

Drop me a PM re demo facilities in theUK.

Joe

M&K inwalls sound amazing

Ooh just the thread i was after, im building my house soon that will have a dedicated ht, really would like everything in wall, is there a decent cheaper alternative to the mk stuff?
£300-£400 per speaker would be my budget

How much did your in walls cost, your wall looks great
I got them for about £1,200 second hand for L R C... I believe they're about a grand each new...

Blimey thats good

Triads look nice bronze would be my budget, currently love the sound of my paradigm millenia ones, paradigm would be on my list for in wall the tweeters in the millenia ones sound awesome.

Hello dan1210

'You got pricing on the atlantic stuff?' - of course :)

I'll drop you a note via 'Private Conversation' in the morning.

Joe

anyone here heard of stealth acoustics? ive been offered 3 x ax3 my local dealer is selling them off cheap...

The ones you can paint right over..? I have only heard them only briefy at medium volume... but they did sound pretty good - can you not get a demo?

yeh he has them there he said go have a look, although after some research apparently they dont sound too hot, i was thinking something more in the style of the mks or triad

Got to be worth a demo if they're a good price... - I would judge with your own ears - aesthetically they're amazing as they'll be completely invisible.

Got to be worth a demo if they're a good price... - I would judge with your own ears - aesthetically they're amazing as they'll be completely invisible.
Mine will be behind an acoustically transparent screen so not bothered like that, yeh i will give em a raz!

Ooh just the thread i was after, im building my house soon that will have a dedicated ht, really would like everything in wall, is there a decent cheaper alternative to the mk stuff?
£300-£400 per speaker would be my budget

No reason why you couldn't stick with MK though since there is the IW5 at £375 each or maybe combine them with IW85 (£475 each) at the front. You may find that if you buy them all at the same time you get a better deal anyway. ;) They'll need a decent sub to help get the best out them though, but so will any in wall IMHO.

The IW5:
IW 5 ultra compact in wall / ceiling loudspeaker

The IW85
IW 85 in wall / ceiling loudspeaker

I'm planing on getting the IW85 for my surround backs to go with my MP150 fronts and S150T side surrounds since I can justify another £1,500 for a second pair of S150T (in white),plus I think that in walls look more discrete and I'm trying to reduce speaker clutter.

There are definitely deals to be had on MK kit... there are a few suppliers in the UK if you search around who are willing to barter.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom