• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

in wall passive sub amplifier

Cow juice

Novice Member
Please help
i have a monitor audio iws10 in the wall and it currently is wired in to the front speaker output on my friends receiver which we were going to upgrade to the Denon AVR-X3600H to get dolby atmos. my qustion is, as this is a passive sub should i be looking at a different receiver or a pre amp to control it from the sub output on the reciver if so what should i be looking for. Dont really want to change the speaker as its fitted in the wall.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
You need a little mono amplifier between the new AVR's subwoofer output and the MA IWS10. MA recommend their IWA-250, but it's not exactly cheap. One of the Behringers may better suit your budget.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Thankyou very much Mark will probable go for one of the behringers.
I have a Kef stereo sub amp which was in the classifieds and can list again. It's a bit more room friendly than the Behringer kit, with a small footprint and no fan noise. Edit: actually it's a bit overkill as you only need mono, probably more expensive than the MA amp!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom