1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-wall Or Freestanding Sub

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by .borg, Oct 11, 2005.

1. .borg

.borg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am currently building a home cinema installation and hiding everything. All the speakers are in-ceiling and in wall units with a new pany hd8 set flush with the new dry lined wall, for asthetics I really wanted to install an in-wall sub but can't seem to find a one within my budget Approx £300. Does any one have any tips/advise or horro story's - or should i just keep my yamaha free standing unit - wich would really spoil the effect.

and another concern is if I set the pany flush with the wall how much gap/ventilation should I leave around the unit. The plasma will be mounted on a wall mount support which can be pulled out for access to connections and wires.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

2. Troon

Troon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you have a useable space such as a cupboard or roof space, you could build your own IB (infinite baffle) sub within your budget, provided you don't value your time! A quick web search should bring up enough details to intrigue you...

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    in wall given the choice

4. .borg

.borg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    does anyone have any recommendations on which in wall sub would be within £300 and where i can get one. the internet seems to only throww up sites in the us?

thanks for taking the time..

mb

5. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am also looking for one of these as well, so if anyone can offer any advice I'd appreciate it. Currently my searching has turned up the following:

Kef website (www.kef.co.uk) Ci50 Soundlight series. Looks a tad frightening when you see the install, but may be what you are after.

Jamo website: http://www.jamo.co.uk/Default.asp?ID=1712 - this looks a little easier!

Let me know what you think.