• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

In-wall Or Freestanding Sub

.borg

Standard Member
I am currently building a home cinema installation and hiding everything. All the speakers are in-ceiling and in wall units with a new pany hd8 set flush with the new dry lined wall, for asthetics I really wanted to install an in-wall sub but can't seem to find a one within my budget Approx £300. Does any one have any tips/advise or horro story's - or should i just keep my yamaha free standing unit - wich would really spoil the effect.

and another concern is if I set the pany flush with the wall how much gap/ventilation should I leave around the unit. The plasma will be mounted on a wall mount support which can be pulled out for access to connections and wires.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Troon

Standard Member
If you have a useable space such as a cupboard or roof space, you could build your own IB (infinite baffle) sub within your budget, provided you don't value your time! A quick web search should bring up enough details to intrigue you...

.borg

Standard Member
does anyone have any recommendations on which in wall sub would be within £300 and where i can get one. the internet seems to only throww up sites in the us?

thanks for taking the time..

mb

Neil Fellows

I am also looking for one of these as well, so if anyone can offer any advice I'd appreciate it. Currently my searching has turned up the following:

Kef website (www.kef.co.uk) Ci50 Soundlight series. Looks a tad frightening when you see the install, but may be what you are after.

Jamo website: http://www.jamo.co.uk/Default.asp?ID=1712 - this looks a little easier!

Let me know what you think.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom