in-wall/in-ceiling speakers

adondeeres

Novice Member
Does anyone have a few recommendations for mid-range and mid-to-high end in-ceiling and in-wall speakers to integrate with Sonos amp? We are primarily using these speakers for music and movies. I'm not really an audiophile; I just want some quality equipment that will sound good and not sound 'cheap'

My price range for each speaker is somewhere around the Polk Audio RC80i or Definitive Technology DI 6.5R and 8R speakers price range (around $150-$200 for a pair of ceiling speakers). I was quoted at a local place for DI speakers in combination with various Sonos equipment and the total was around 12-13k. I really don't want to go above 15k for all of this. I'll end up having about 22 speakers total throughout the entire house (7.1 surround for living room, then 2 speakers in each of the various rooms we have in the house including kitchen/dining room). It's about a 3200 sq ft home.

As a side note, in addition to handful of Sonos equipment to integrate everything, I was quoted for the Yamaha RXA780 receiver, CLR2002 center speaker, DI 5.5LCR in-wall speakers, and SC4000 subwoofer. Any thoughts on those items?Anything I could substitute for those items within their respective price ranges?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom