• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

In-wall for 5.1 & stereo

A8RICK

Standard Member
Hi,

Im looking for some help choosing speakers & hoping you guys can point me in the right direction?

I will try and give as much info as i can:-

The room is 5.7m long x 3.2m wide.

looking at the 5.7m TV wall - To the left is a double opening into the dining room, then about 1/3rd along is a cassette type log burner, next to this (about 2/3rd's along) is the TV. to the right is the window. Sofa is directly opposite the TV.

(tried to post a picture of the room but gave up? sorry!)

What im thinking is - In-wall speakers left/centre/right around the TV (its a floating wall set-up), with ceiling speakers above the sofa as the room is so narrow?

I was looking to spend £1000 - £1500 for all 5 speakers (ive only ever had standard TV speakers so anything should be a step up for me!).

Compromise is i would like to use the front left & right for music. therefore is it worth spending extra on these with that im mind? i was thinking along the lines of the B&W CWM LCR7 for the left & right, maybe something cheaper for the centre & rear. I will purchase a sub later but will take any suggestions.

can anyone suggest a good set-up for my budget? Also any suggestions to power them?

Cheers,
R.

Andrew K

Banned
Close to an in-wall option but worth considering are the Monitor Audio Shadow speakers. They are excellent for music and movies but are slim on-wall speakers.

A8RICK

Standard Member
Thanks,

Not seen these before, must say they do look very good and seem to get good reviews.

On the down side, its a bit of a shame they dont come in white, plus they are right at the top of my budget (although i could just use a pair of S50/60 as the main offereing i suppose, and save for the rest).

I dont think they are quite right for me as im after flush fitting ideally in white, but out of interest, do you thing these could be set into a very shallow wall recess, effectively making the grilles flush to wall? or would this affect the sound?

Cheers for the suggestion,
R.

Andrew K

Banned
Thanks,

Not seen these before, must say they do look very good and seem to get good reviews.

On the down side, its a bit of a shame they dont come in white, plus they are right at the top of my budget (although i could just use a pair of S50/60 as the main offereing i suppose, and save for the rest).

I dont think they are quite right for me as im after flush fitting ideally in white, but out of interest, do you thing these could be set into a very shallow wall recess, effectively making the grilles flush to wall? or would this affect the sound?

Cheers for the suggestion,
R.

Yes you could set them in so they are flush to the wall.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom