In-Wall Centre Speaker needed - please suggest

willharris10

Hi there,

I have an ad in the classifieds as I am having to sell an in-wall centre speaker that would have formed part of my folks home cinema install. Sadly the darned thing wouldn't fit the space. Limited by a rather large RSJ above and electric blackout blind below. Basically I've got unlimited space to the left and right but only 20cms total height and 20 cms total depth to play with.

I've heard good things about Totem in-wall speakers. Budget is around £400 - £600 for the speaker. Colour must be white. The rest of the gear is as follows:

Amp - Onkyo TX-NR905
DVD/BR - tba (probably Oppo BD83 when the R.2 is released)
Fronts - Dali Helicon Phantom (In-Wall)
Surrounds - Dali Ikon Phantom (In-Wall)
Rears - Vocal Dome
Sub - Dali S1.5
PJ - JVC HD100
Screen - Screen Research 92" electric accoustically transparent

All advice gratefully received! Should be an awesome set-up eventually! If they ever finish building!!!!

benmoffat

Standard Member
Hi,

Havent seen anything at 200mm. But there is this PMC Wafer 1 In wall speakers, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Scotland, UK which would only need 17.5 mm extra if you could squeeze that in somehow, and is only 100mm deep and is white.You may be able to find it cheaper somewhere or find a used one.
Or this IPL AVC1 SHIELDED CENTRE SPEAKER which does say 283mm wide but that could be the overall width, and as you construct the cabinet you could move the sides in a touch to fit your 200mm and you could get some white mesh and paint the front white.

Ben

willharris10

Thanks for that. I'm afraid I'm limited to 200mm in height. Obviously it's a centre speaker so will be placed "landscape" thus can be as long as you like! I've heard very good things about Totem. Anyone heard these? Any recommendations?

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom