1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In the PT-AE200 Club !

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Type23, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my PT-AE200 yesterday, am well impressed picture appears mint (novice !). Number of connection options is brilliant. Have been into options and turned the lamp down to low power and was wondering if there are any other "tweaks" I should do at the start to prolong lamp life ? Spent time moving pj backwards/forwards towards the screen to alter picture size before I read that zoom was behind the focus on the lens ( doh !). For £750 this has got to be one of the best price point PJs about now surely ?

Rich :)

2. cuewoz

cuewoz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    agreed.
    got mine on wednesday! and I am delighted.

I was wondering if it is ok to raise the contrast setting to full ?
    or would it knacker the projector quicker?

3. Guttee07

Guttee07
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Welcome
    had mine a few months now and recommend running it through a pc with a vga lead. This option gives you more picture colour adjustment options and a new mode called natural. The picture is outstanding at 85" diameter and viewing distance of 4 m. Run the lamp in low as there isn't much point in high if the room is dark and i'd perfer to replace it after 5000 hours and not 3000. Otherwise use the RGB scart and make sure when you switch input modes to AV1 it says RGB underneath if it doesn't your not suppling an RGB signal.(far suprior picture to normal scart.)
    Also if you find you can see the panel structure, slightly blurr it out with the focus.

4. Goof

Goof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    From what I gather from the video essentials calibiration DVD you don't want to turn the contrast up full as it will be detrimental to the picture (i.e. cause blooming etc IIRC).

5. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Goof whats this calibration DVD ? sounds interesting !

6. Goof

Goof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It's called Video Essentials and gives real-time guidance on tweaking all your settings. It's not bad but there's a new version out (Digital Video Essentials IIRC) and also another one which is supposed to be even better - Avia.

Think you can check this out on the Special offers page, not cheap at £27 tho!