1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In the pink please help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by abspag, May 29, 2005.

1. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All I can get as an output on the dvdflr TagMclaren is either the vca connection to my tv this works if I try the bnc connection to the prj its pink it seems like the psm is not working please can anyone help I can't seem to get a digital output from the bncs or through the dvi

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    You may get more help if you employ a little punctuation...PJ :)

3. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My apologies, I thought this was an AV. forum, not a forum for the discussion on the proper use of grammer !

4. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Please explain it again. I can't seem to follow your problem.

5. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All I can get as an output on the dvdflr TagMclaren is either through the Phono connection to my TV this works fine. The problem arises if I try the BNCs connection to the projector the picture is pink. It seems like the psm is not working. I can't seem to get a digital output from the BNCs or through the DVI. I keep trying to set the output from component to RGB and vice versa with no luck. It seems the phono analogue connection is the only thing working and I can’t get an output through the psm. At first the picture loss I assumed was down to a faulty DVI lead I would turn on the unit and the picture would have a black line down one third of the screen. If I unplugged the DVI lead and reinserted then it would be fine. The last time I tried this I now get no output at all. So I tried using the BNCs plugs into the projector and all I get is a pink picture. I tried putting the BNC. connections into my plasma and you guessed it pink again. I am now totally at a loss. I tried the codes for RGB. and component again the picture turns out pink. Please help.

6. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    If it's pink on both your projector and plasma then I would either suspect your source or cables.

First off. Have you set up your DVD player to output on component and progressive scan. If it is set to progressive scan. Try and change it to interlace to see if you picture changes.

7. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply. It works fine on the phono interlaced outs but is still pink from the prog outs

8. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Right.

What is the projector?

I would:-

* Power off unit. (Wait a least 30 mins)
    * Disconnect all AV leads.
    * Power on unit.
    * Power off unit (I know, again wait for 30 mins)
    * Reconnect component lead and set the vid output to progressive scan.
    * Power back on unit.

Hope this works. Let us know.

9. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all yor help. The problem was with the projector in the menu a setting for colour space needed to be set for rgb and this sorted the problem :clap: