1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In the Pink please help

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by abspag, May 29, 2005.

1. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All I can get as an output on the dvdflr is either the vca connection to my tv this works if I try the bnc connection to the prj its pink it seems like the psm is not working please can anyone help

2. hoosterw

hoosterw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the DVD has the PSM or not?

I think there is a mismatch between the output format of the DVD and what the prj is expecting as input, then often it turns up pink.

Try switching the DVD to a different output format, probably it will get right.

Or set the prj to the right input format.

3. liam_b

liam_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    you need to be aware that the BNC output can give RGsB or Component when a PSM is fitted (this is covered in the manual) try setting the output to Component.

EDIT from the manual -

configuring the PSM192 video outputs
    The digital and analog video outputs can be configured as component (YPbPr) or RGsB (i.e. RGB with sync on green). The output mode can be changed only when the player does not have a disc loaded. To change output mode, remove any disc that is loaded, close the door, and wait for the no disc message to appear. To select COMPONENT press the number keys corresponding to the letters COM, i.e. 2, 6, 6 on the system remote. To elect RGB press the number keys corresponding to the letters RGB, i.e. 7, 4, 2.

4. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I have used the rgb and componet codes with no luck it still appears pink. I was wondering if the psm card is faulty. Does anybody know how to test the psm digital output

5. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    make sure your pj is set to expect rgb or component.

This was a regular question to the Helpdesk, it was always a format muddle rather than a PSM problem.

From memory, your screen is set to recieve component but is recieving RGB from the player = pink screen

6. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all yor help. The problem was with the projector in the menu a setting for colour space needed to be set for rgb and this sorted the problem :clap: