1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In the market for a new TV?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by RMCF, May 12, 2002.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    If anyone is about to buy a big screen telly you might be interested in this offer. Dixons have dropped the price on the 36" Philips 9525 model to £1276. A friend of mine got it at £1600 (after it was reduced from £2000) and I thought it was a bargain at that. Its an excellent TV and has got great reviews in many different mags and websites. Looks damn good too.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The same model is in Currys at that price, and agree with you it has a great picture, and has various features

3. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +594
    Just a friendly word of warning on Currys/Dixons and the 9525, they do not actually have any 'new' models in stock anywhere (at least that is what I was told before they sold me the one they had in stock at the store last week. However when I got the set home and went into the service menu to do some realignment the first thing that greeted me was the fact that this particular set had been operating for over 5000 hours (approx 7 months at 24 hours a day or more likely a couple of years old and sitting in someone else's house!!!!

When I found this out Currys response was 'tough' you shouldn't have been able to get into that menu so we are not prepared to do anything! Only when I threatened them with TS and mentioned there previous convictions for selling second hand goods did they agree to refund the set in full (albeit reluctantly) Needless to say they had the set dumped back the next day and as I walked out I heard the assistant ask the manager where the set was to go and he said 'put it back on display'!!!! :eek:

If you do buy one of these sets which I agree are fantastic picture quality it may be worth checking how 'new'your 'new' set is when you get it home ;)