in the market for a new av amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nobby, Oct 10, 2004.

1. nobby

nobby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    :thumbsup:

hi folks

time is nearly upon me to purchase a new av amp / receiver

currently i own a Yammy AX1 and i would appreciate any help / advice / guidance on a suitable newer replacement. :confused:

i know i may need to spend a fair amount but at the same time i cannot go mental!!! :lease:

i have sort of lost track of what has been happening in av land over the past 6 mths so i need to get off the ground running again

i have been toying with the idea of a pioneer ax10, etc. not sure what to do though as i have heard mixed opinions re the performance of this amp

thanks again, look forward to seeing a few suggestions

andrew

-----------------------------------------------------
    sony 10ht projector
    yamaha AX1 amp
    Toshiba sd900e DVD player
    Mission 7 series speaker system
    Velodyne sub

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Andrew,

Have you thought about the Yamaha DSP-Z9 seeing that your looking at the AX10 price range and already own the AX1.
    I demoed the Pioneer and Denon before i chose the Z9 and prefered it over the others the sound was alot more to my likeing and it also had the video upscaleing which was a bonus. :cool:

John :)

3. nobby

nobby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141

hi John

i have been toying with the idea of returning to the yammy fold. the az9 is a decent bit of kit but at the moment could be out of budget reach i'm afraid. i have yet to demo any kit yet, but through this thread i hope to build up a short list and start from there.

its nice to know the yammy is still there with the likes of denon and pioneer.

i love the sound of the AX1 its been brilliant but i think in terms of processing etc its started to get a bit long in the tooth

thanks for your advice ... thats one on the list

andrew