In the Line of Fire 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Wow. Great review. It’s a great movie and Sony have come up with the goods again. What an expensive few months 🤣

couldn’t resist. Pressed the order button . Your costing me a fortune lol

Last edited:
Do you know if it’s now uncut, original UK cinema release had a few cuts to get the certificate down.

Might get the disc when its around £10 but the iTunes DV stream looks excellent. Vast improvement over the Blu-ray.

thanks Cas - another review that should carry a bank account reduction warning - i liked the malkovich hopper reference as i hadnt thought of that but once mentioned ...

Thanks for the great review, ahh, another one to add the list.
It’s an old favourite, haven’t watched it since overdoing it a little back in the vhs days, so really looking forward to this one.

Brilliant. I love this film (but for some seemingly hypocritical reason haven't watched it for a decade or so) so looks like this is definitely going on the future purchase list. :D

Do you know if it’s now uncut, original UK cinema release had a few cuts to get the certificate down.

I think there's a pretty graphic neck snap which was cut before IIRC, and the suffocation seems pretty long, so this looks to be uncut yeah.

Brilliant. I love this film (but for some seemingly hypocritical reason haven't watched it for a decade or so) so looks like this is definitely going on the future purchase list. :D

Ditto that. Such a great great movie but not seen in several years.

Will be great to revisit this soon. We all Knew this was gonna look great (given it was Sony) so no surprise that Cas has confirmed as such. :clap:

Thanks Cas! Never seen this! (Ducks before the tomatoes start) seems like the UHD is the perfect way to experience this for the first time! It’s on the rental list!

Thanks for the review, Cas.

My copy is coming today. Great movie, love it, and it sounds like a great disc.

Jackpot!

Coincidentally, my wife and I watched this last week (I don't think I'd seen it since I saw it at the cinema), and she loved it too. I told her one of the most important ingredients to make a good thriller (especially two characters facing off against each other) is a good bad guy and Malkovich absolutely NAILS it.

My missus commented after one of the phone conversations between Malkovich and Eastwood, "wow, what an amazing actor." She's not wrong.

Brilliant film.

The 2008 UK Blu-ray release is uncut, so I would assume the same for the new UHD.

Wonderful classic old school action/thriller, they don't make 'em like this anymore!
Sony hitting it out of the park yet again. Definitely picking this one up.

Damn you Cas, my To Be Rented list gets longer and longer! ;)
But thank you as well - I will enjoy seeing this again
John Malkovich being John Malovitch & Clint Eastwood being Clint Eastwood!

Dang I literally just watched this for the first time in 15+ years on Amazon Prime 2 weeks ago....didn't realize this was coming out on 4k. I'm still holding out from watching Heat because of the 4k release.

Fun old school movie.....some of the humor in this would never be allowed today with Clint.

Thanks Cas! Never seen this! (Ducks before the tomatoes start) seems like the UHD is the perfect way to experience this for the first time! It’s on the rental list!

:eek: :eek:..You're in for a treat. :D

d78dcc4b3661dc3e31eedfba53eca899.jpg

Dang I literally just watched this for the first time in 15+ years on Amazon Prime 2 weeks ago....didn't realize this was coming out on 4k. I'm still holding out from watching Heat because of the 4k release.

Fun old school movie.....some of the humor in this would never be allowed today with Clint.

It's uncanny how so many times I've noticed classic movies turn up on Prime, around the same time as a new 4K UHD is announced.

Might get the disc when its around £10 but the iTunes DV stream looks excellent. Vast improvement over the Blu-ray.

I think iTunes will be enough for me for this.
Me too! Would have held off for this had I known. Oh well, I’ll still happily buy this at some point.

one of my fave films, all the starts hitting on all cylinders.

Oh you bugger @Casimir Harlow as I do love this film and Sony are killing it on UHD releases . One question though as may of misread or missed it in reading your review . Is this release in DV as to myself it read HDR 10 but watched on DV equipment ?

One of the weaker films of the time I thought.

Even John Malcovich’s character is only averagely convincing, which for him is very unusual.

Bland at best imo.

Oh you bugger @Casimir Harlow as I do love this film and Sony are killing it on UHD releases . One question though as may of misread or missed it in reading your review . Is this release in DV as to myself it read HDR 10 but watched on DV equipment ?

You read correctly. HDR reviewed on DV-enabled equipment. NOT DV.

You read correctly. HDR reviewed on DV-enabled equipment. NOT DV.
Cheers , at the very least it means I can adjust HDR on my UB820 for bright viewing conditions . Good to know .

So is the ITunes stream in DV when the disc is HDR 10 ? Is this even possible as in Apple remastering the film in DV for its own content delivery ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom