In the Line of Fire 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Gave this a rewatch for the first time in a long time. It’s a terrific looking disc, hand full of soft looking shots, mainly the heavily composited shots, but really fantastic on the whole.
Film still stands up as a brilliant thriller (93’ was a cracking year) , with only the romantic sub plot feeling a little icky. I quite like that Clint’s age is very much acknowledged throughout and the fact that they frequently call out that he looks like he’s regularly on the cusp of a heart attack in the action scenes made me chuckle.
They don’t really make these kind of thrillers anymore. Pity, I grew up on these sort of nuts & bolts action thrillers.

Last edited:
last night i watched in the line of fire for the very first time and what a movie, a fine cast of actors through out the movie and the story was good and the sound/picture was just out of this world, hdr did a brill job, if you say that 4k is not has good has bluray then i suggest you get your eyes tested because i thought through out the movie it was amazing to see how clear the movie was, i bought my movie from zavvi,

Apologies for bringing up an old thread but just got a copy of this in the Boxing Day sales, and watched it last night. The film is a favourite of mine, so enjoyment was guaranteed but I wasn't prepared for how good it looks on this 4k disc.

The colour and HDR is incredibly vivid but it still looks totally natural. Detail is as good as anything else I've seen that's been shot in 35mm. Just as @Casimir Harlow says, there's skin pores, sweat beads on faces, just incredible. The motorcade scenes have wild blue and red police colours, and ultra-shiny chrome on the bikes.

A couple of aerial opening shots of Washington in the first minute look a bit dirty and grainy but once the film starts it's a treat from beginning to end.

If you haven't picked this up yet, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Apologies for bringing up an old thread but just got a copy of this in the Boxing Day sales, and watched it last night. The film is a favourite of mine, so enjoyment was guaranteed but I wasn't prepared for how good it looks on this 4k disc.

The colour and HDR is incredibly vivid but it still looks totally natural. Detail is as good as anything else I've seen that's been shot in 35mm. Just as @Casimir Harlow says, there's skin pores, sweat beads on faces, just incredible. The motorcade scenes have wild blue and red police colours, and ultra-shiny chrome on the bikes.

A couple of aerial opening shots of Washington in the first minute look a bit dirty and grainy but once the film starts it's a treat from beginning to end.

If you haven't picked this up yet, I can't recommend it highly enough.
Further to Dorian’s post watched my Christmas copy of this last night. What an amazing 4K transfer. Possibly one of the best 4K discs I’ve seen. HDR, colour and detail levels simply incredible. We kept exclaiming out loud!

Regards
Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom