In the Garden today - Greenfinches, Coal Tit, Carrion Crow and Dunnock (7 Images)

jmbrailsford

Took these in the garden today, we now have six Greenfinches as regular visitors so thought I'd post a few examples alongside the Coal Tit, Dunnock and the Carrion Crow who is an unwelcome visitor as he hunts eggs and chicks.

Munchin' Away
292806381_pxUee-XL.jpg

Canon 30D - Sigma 500mm - ISO 400 1/200th @ F4.5

Lunch in the Rain
292804268_TrPuW-XL.jpg

Canon 30D - Sigma 500mm - ISO 800 1/400th @ F4.5

You Lookin' at Me?
292798380_TnEQm-L.jpg

Canon 30D - Sigma 500mm - ISO 400 1/500th @ F4.5

Oh Well
292797840_JEcAQ-L.jpg

Canon 30D - Sigma 500mm - ISO 400 1/400th @ F4.5

Carrion Crow
292803448_99jx8-L.jpg

Canon 30D - Sigma 500mm - ISO 400 1/200th @ F8.0

Dunnock
292802794_r6pXT-L.jpg

Canon 30D - Sigma 500mm - ISO 400 1/640th @ F8.0

Coal Tit
292796106_Dency-L.jpg

Canon 30D - Sigma 500mm - ISO 200 1/500th @ F5.6

Thanks for looking, I hope you like them.

Mike.

jmbrailsford

Lovely shoots :thumbsup:

Any info on how you shot them would be nice :)

Hi,

glad you like them, I will add data to each photo in a minute I should have done that when posting ;), all were shot on my Canon 30D with Sigma 500mm F4.5 Lens mounted on a Manfrotto 055 tripod and Manfrotto 393 Head.

Mike.

Edit: Data now added.

Holowlegs

Hello there

Very nice set yet again Jmbrailsford:thumbsup:

#1 is a lovely shot with a great back ground.:smashin:

You Lookin' at Me? is quialty, and really sticks out for me, the others are great quality but this one has a bit off personality to it.:thumbsup:

Cheers Holo:smashin::smashin:

U'R'ss

Hi,

glad you like them, I will add data to each photo in a minute I should have done that when posting ;), all were shot on my Canon 30D with Sigma 500mm F4.5 Lens mounted on a Manfrotto 055 tripod and Manfrotto 393 Head.

Mike.

Edit: Data now added.
Thanks for that makes it easier in trying to learn , what focus mode did you use

500mm wow think that is a way off for me

Great shots as I said

jmbrailsford

Hello there

Very nice set yet again Jmbrailsford:thumbsup:

#1 is a lovely shot with a great back ground.:smashin:

You Lookin' at Me? is quialty, and really sticks out for me, the others are great quality but this one has a bit off personality to it.:thumbsup:

Cheers Holo:smashin::smashin:

Hi Holo,

thanks you, my fav is the same one for exactly the same reasons.

Thanks for that makes it easier in trying to learn , what focus mode did you use

500mm wow think that is a way off for me

Great shots as I said

Hi,

I used the Centre Focus Point with the camera set to Aperture Priority and AI Servo for the Focus. Subject needs to be edge on for me at this distance as the Sigma lens at 4m (minimum focus distance) only gives me about 4mm Depth of Field :D

Mike.

U'R'ss

Hi Holo,

thanks you, my fav is the same one for exactly the same reasons.

Hi,

I used the Centre Focus Point with the camera set to Aperture Priority and AI Servo for the Focus. Subject needs to be edge on for me at this distance as the Sigma lens at 4m (minimum focus distance) only gives me about 4mm Depth of Field :D

Mike.
4mm you poor B!! ;)

Yeah I sort of guessed you used centre or spot
Thanks

stevegreen

Distinguished Member
#1 #2 and #6 stand out for me as the backround if beautifully dropped out of focus, the remaining shots have quite busy backgrounds which is detremental to the shot overall. The last could do with a bit of detail coming out around the eye, if you shot RAW this should be recoverable. Excellent nature shots overall.

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
A great set of shots - like others, the 'you looking at me' stands out. You see so many shots of birds - this one shows a little character.

All nice though

julian_fraser

Great pictures, that lens looks the business. The detail in the crow is amazing.

loz

Distinguished Member
Very nice pics.

When you are fed up with that lens, if you could just pop it in the post to me I would be grateful... :D

jonandjen

Great set of shots. Nice and sharp and excellent bokeh. Well done.

lightpainter

Yet another fantastic set of captures, that lens is certainly a winner!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom