Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

in store testing/sony kdfe50a12

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by woodmaster, Oct 23, 2005.

1. woodmaster

woodmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Im taking my denon dvda11 to comet tomorrow and hook it up to the sony 50"er and im taking The empire strikes back and heres the thing, if i record a episode of Hex tonight +RW on philips SP+ record quality will that help determin the quality i will get at home were im useing s-video, you see icant change my cableing as it is under the floor I will rig up the A11 with DVi-HDMI and s-video, what do you guys think. :rolleyes:

2. fortean

fortean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    It will show you the quality of an SD off air transmission over S-Video. You should also view the Star Wars DVD over S-Video aswell as DVI. If you can, record something off BBC1 or BBC2 as they seem to be better PQ than Sky One.

3. fortean

fortean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    If they will let you, try the Sagem 50" too and post an opinion.
    Better still, see if they will let you try everything they have.

4. woodmaster

woodmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yeh im thinking about doing that,the problem i have now is that 50" might be to big as it may get in the way of pj screen and the only way over that is to bring the screen forward in front of the t.v. and that would make the pj image smaller wich i dont want but as you suggested its a good idea to try the others while im there and as its a monday i doubt it will be bussy.