in store testing/sony kdfe50a12 part 2

woodmaster

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to currys today armed with my trusty Denon A11 , The empire strikes back, The day after tomorrow and a sellection of recordings from Sky (BBC1-Sky1-Sky news Ch4.Firstly setting up /Contrast 60/Brihgtness 50/Colour 50 via the custom settings. DVD via HDMI on all samples was very good with no smuging smearing artifacs at all even the sky sample fed through a crappy scart was totaly acceptable the star wars demo was not a million miles away from a hidef image i kid you not Oh and i did not bother to try the samsung 50"er its way over my already streached buget the value for money on the sony is just outstanding will order mine as soon as funds are available. :smashin:

Hmmmm...

Okay...

I am going to the Edinburgh Sony Morningside Tommorow to demo that very set.

I have seen both the HD2+, HD2 and HD4 so I am in best position to judge whether this set is worth all the hype.

The Samsung L7 is cool but the L6 is cheaper and with the HD4 chip which some people prefer. I hate how no Comet/Currys have it in stock, even my pal that works at one of those stores can't even get it!

So now it's either 50L6 off Pixmania or Sony A12 off Sony!

I'd get in there quick as places are now running out of stock so I wouldn't be surprised is they all dried up and disappeared!!! Go for a finance deal if need be...

Good stuff!

Are they REALLY that good that everyone wants one?

I suppose it's a good brand, and it doesn't let rainbow sufferers hurt...

Nice set for the bedroom. :)

I will be upgrading my bedroom set (46' rear pro) next year. Could be one for the hit list.

Why is there such an issue on getting one quick (or they'll run out) they've only just appeared surly they will be available for some time Ive gotta raise the dough first. :eek: :confused:

I too would be interested in buying one of these but so far not a single retailer can be bothered to get off their arse and demo this set with a decent signal!! How pathetic is that? We're not talking about trivial prices either but probably the most expensive goods that electrical retailers have in store - and they can't be bothered. So shame on Comet, Currys and the Sony Centres in central Scotland, I would get a better quality of service buying a second-hand car! :mad:

Bought mine yesterday from the Sony Shop, nothing to pay for 6 months at 0% interest :) and for £1400 including 3 year warranty. Demo it next to a plasma of £4900 and you need to be of excellent sight to even spot a difference

ashmufc said:
The A12 reminds me of the motorway!

Wouldn't that be the M12 ? :rotfl: Whilst the A12 runs past the end of my road....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom