1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In praise of Toshiba

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Fatbloke99, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Fatbloke99

Fatbloke99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very long story short(ish), last November I bought a Tosh 50WT29B. It started to suffer intermittent flashing on the green tube so I eventually reported it to the supplier. They sent the usual monkey around. And again. And again. Then they decided that it was in fact faulty, agreed to collect it. Didn't turn up. Came a week alter. Took it away, kept it for a month, brought it back, said it wasn't faulty.

By now I am getting a wee bit miffed...... so I phone Toshiba Customer services and say politely how unhappy I am. Eventually get to speak to manager after yet another 3 week delay waiting for another bunch of service monkeys to call me. He asks for a brief recap. I give it, no embelishment, just the bare facts. He says terribly sorry, have a new one. New one arrives. Result.

It took 4 months and 7 days off work but I got there in the end.

Moral? Don't buy from box shifters, pay a few quid more and buy from a local firm that will look after you directly rather than using a service monkey company.