In praise of the Arylic A50

willsmusic

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have put together a small second system for a kitchen/dining room.

speakers - klipsch RP 51m.
StreamerAmp - Arylic A50
qed micro speaker cable

I was looking for a very different sound to my main set up (MA silver 10’s and Arcam A39) and I have certainly achieved this aim!

But what has surprised me is how much fun I am having listening to the new system.

I am using Deezer Hi-Fi and the 4STREAM app to avoid an AirPlay connection between my iPhone and A50.

The sound quality is surprisingly good. Yes it majors in top end and detail, not warmth, but then that is what I was looking for as the speakers are placed in a room below the kids bedrooms - no boom allowed! I find myself spending more time listening to this set up than the one in my main room, I love the speed and crispness provided.

Total price of the kit was £370 so comparable to buying a pair of Sonos 1’s. And I get a system which I can tweak in the years to come. The 4STREAM app is free and offers Multiroom. I do get the odd drop out but that is more to do with my wi-fi hub.

it really is amazing what you can get for relatively little cash these days

This review pretty much matches my thoughts on this device. Great value for money! if starting a second system you might want to upgrade at a later date when funds allow, this is a great place to start.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom