1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In praise of Movietyme

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by michaelm, Jul 26, 2002.

1. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I had a very pleasant surprise this morning when the Parcelforce van pulled up outside my house and I was duly handed my copy of The Simpsons Season 2, which I had ordered from Movietyme.

I had seen from yesterday that they were advertising it as being in stock, but I was not expecting it for another week at least. I hadn't even received my shipping notification yet.

And this was just the day after I had my Tosh 32WD98B tv repaired and delivered back, after being away since February 20th.

My initial impression of the Simpsons set, btw, is that the picture is pin sharp, with a little colour bleed (the characters eyes can look a little pink at times, I've noticed), and the 5.1 sound, though understated, is a vast improvement over the original stereo sound. I'm already waiting for season 3!

I must admit to having been one of MT's sceptics in the past but since I've given them another chance, it appears that they have really got their act together. All the discs I've ordered from them recently have arrived quickly and without any bother.

I'd still welcome the option to pay a little bit extra for insured postage though.

Well done Lisa, Craig and everyone at Movietyme. Keep up the good work!

2. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine this morning from Movietyme aswell:D

It was 23.99 and although I have seen it a pound cheaper I am happy it arrived so quickly and safely.

3. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    michaelm - did that only take one day to arrive then? That is VERY good service!