In praise of ADV Installs

BigNorm9

Just want to pass on my experience of dealing with ADV Installs.

I have just upgraded my complete system, purchasing an Optoma HD-70 projector, a 77" Beamax R Black screen, an Onkyo 605 amp and a Denon DVD-1940 player (all from Roy Jowett's in Colne - thanks Shane!).

I was looking for a company that installs your own equipment without having to buy it from them too. I searched these forums and found a couple of recommendations for these guys, so I gave Shaun a call. I found him to be very friendly and keen to help, and the install was booked for Thursday 6th September.

They said they would be there about 8 - 8.30am, and at 8.15am the door knocked. Matthew and Wesley the installers (like Shaun) were very friendly and willing to offer any advice necessary. Just be aware that Matthew can be very demanding when he wants coffee!:D

To cut a long story short, by 11am the screen was in place, the pj was securely ceiling-mounted, the amp and DVD players were connected and they set about calibrating the whole system.

Three hours and it was all done. A fantastic, clean, neat and tidy job that has left me with an outstanding dedicated cinema room. (And at a decent price, too.) I plan to post some pix in the gallery section over the weekend.

I would have no hesitation in recommending ADV Installs. Although based in Leeds (I believe), they seem to cover a large area. Take a look at their website www.homecinemainstalls.co.uk or give them a call.

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom