In need of some recommendations!

StewieEatWorld

Standard Member
Reaction score
Right, my 37" Samsung 3D LED TV has went on the blink (long story, no warranty etc etc - who's the dumbass), so now i'm in the market for a new one. I am totally out of the loop of the new 2014 models, and what is a good price point for what i'm looking for with regards to 2013/older models. After having my old TV, I now realise I couldn't care less for 3D or the Smart features. I just want the best possible picture and quality for my buck.

So, here's what I would be looking for:

Size - Around the 46" - 50" mark.
Type - LED.
3D - Not fussed.
Smart Features - Not fussed.
DLNA - Would be nice! (WiFi if possible, but at least an Ethernet port)
ARC - Highly preferred, but not super essential.
HDMI - 2 minimum.
USB - Not essential, but I would prefer it.
Low input lag would be great as it would mainly be used for gaming.
Price - £500 (if im lucky, I know...) to around £800.
And of course, a fantastic picture quality!

Any recommendations would be fantastic and greatly appreciated. Thanks!

No reviews of this yet, but here is the 2014 range Panasonic TX-50AS500B 50 inch Smart LED TV - £700 | 5 year warranty. John Lewis / Richer Sounds will probably price-match. DLNA, ARC, 2x HDMI, 1x USB.
Many thanks for the reply!

New Panasonic TV's look very nice.
I see RicherSounds have this Sony KDL50W656 that appears to tick all the boxes. Is there much advantage in going for a newer 2014 model and forking out the extra dosh, rather than models from last year?

I quite like the look of the new Samsung UE48H6400. At £699 with a 5 year guarantee from Richer Sounds its only £100 more than last years F6400 which is £599 in the Curry's sale. Seems as though 4k is driving the cost of 1080p sets down. Hurray!

Samsung UE48H6400 | 48 inch 3D LED Smart TV 1080p HD Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

Samsung have obviously just sent the TV to all of the main AV review sites as a lot of reviews have just gone online;

Samsung UE40H6400 (H6400) Review

Samsung H6400 3D LED LCD TV Review | AVForums

Samsung UE40H6400 6 Series TV review - Pocket-lint

Samsung UE40H6400 review | Televisions Reviews | TechRadar

It has been really well received in all of these reviews. What interests me the most is that the H6400 is direct lit. This means a nice uniform screen. The F5000 from last year is direct lit and has a very even backlight but it doesn't have great motion processing. Seems as though Samsung have moved things on again. I think the 48" screen size is also a huge bonus.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom