In need of some advice!! Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Djruff, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Djruff

Djruff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone!

First of all, let me say that I am very new to the world of Home Cinema!

I only purchased my new PW6 plasma today!

I'm now looking for a surround sytem to compliment my new toy!

I haven't got an exact budget but I don't really want to go over the £500 mark (Less if possible)!

I have no clue which all in one system to buy, but I would like it to replace the Hi Fi too so it has to be able to handle music really well!

Any advice would be fantastic!

Help!!

:confused:

2. Bigmonty69

Bigmonty69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Av-sales are selling the Jamo DVR50 and A305 speakers for just under £500 at the moment. The fact that the Jamo outputs 'both' PAL and NTSC Progressvie makes it a very worthwhile addition to complement the PW6 Plasma.

There are other systems about for under £500 but I couldn't find any All in One systems that could beat the features of the Jamo.

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +295
    I'd recomend you save a little more and get a seperates system. They generally sound better and offer a lot more for your money imo. If you get an all in one it wouldn't be too long before you get frustrated with it's limitations. Since all in one's don't offer any upgrade path you'd have to start from scratch again.
    Seperates offer you a lot more mix and match configurations (to get the sound you like) and you can upgrade any part you wish at any time.
    You've spent a lot of money on the visual side why not spend a little more on the audio side to get a better all round system.

just my 2p:)