• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

in need of help!!!

keith_001

Standard Member
hi all

this may come across as the impossible but anyway hear goes.........

at the moment im running 4 JBL 626's of a sony head unit (not sure of model around the 150 price mark) and i also have a 12inch kenwood sub with a jackson amp.

is it possible to get bass like a sub from the speakers if i were to power them off a good amp as the sub in the boot is weighing me down:D but like the sound...

i know i wouldnt get glass breaking bass but would it be enough to get the jbl's banging as there not so good with the sub off ...i think its more so the head unit that lacks the bass rather than the speaker!

any suggestions would be welcome

thanks in advance
keith.

martUK

Established Member
Its not the head unit that lacks bass as you getting it from the sub. It is more to do with the physical size of the speakers. Dont know the JBL 626, but assuming they are 6" then you will get much better sound from them if they are amped, but nowhere near the kind of bass you get from a 12" sub, both in the volume level and in the depth of sound.

keith_001

Standard Member
thanks mart will give it ago could you recommend a bass loving 6inch speaker if there is such a thing!!! as 6 inch is all i can fit without going cutting my car up!

thanks again
keith

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom