In need of a little help please :)

Kel_1981

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got given an Altec Lansing VS3251 amp, is there any way to connect this up for use as a home cinema system or is it's use intended for computers (sound cards) only? The inputs are three 3.5 mm headphone type jacks - One for the front 2 channels, 1 for the rear two channels and one for the centre and subwoofer channels

Any help would be much appreciated

Kel

Altec_Lansing_PC_Multi-Media_Home_Theater_Systemg05Detail.jpg

Ah I forgot to mention, there is no remote control and IF the system CAN be used as a home cinema, I'd really like to source one, I've had no luck with internet searches thus far.

Cheers :thumbsup:

"Connection to your source is done via a supplied three way 5.1 channel analog stereo mini-jack cable which will connect directly to your soundcard or iPod etc."

Looks like it only inputs analogue sources, so don't expect to connect a digital source like HDMI or optical for sound. If your source has stereo out on phono plugs, get yourself a phono plug to 3.5mm mini jack cable like this:

3.5mm Jack Plug to Phono Cable 1m Premium Only £2.39 at TVCables

Have a good Christmas!

"Connection to your source is done via a supplied three way 5.1 channel analog stereo mini-jack cable which will connect directly to your soundcard or iPod etc."

Looks like it only inputs analogue sources, so don't expect to connect a digital source like HDMI or optical for sound. If your source has stereo out on phono plugs, get yourself a phono plug to 3.5mm mini jack cable like this:

3.5mm Jack Plug to Phono Cable 1m Premium Only £2.39 at TVCables

Have a good Christmas!
Thanks mate, I might have one of those kicking about actually so I'll give that a try. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Merry Christmas to you too:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom