1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Line Conditioner not solved my probs

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by netflix, Oct 28, 2005.

1. netflix

netflix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought this from Maplin in order to stop my TV from flickering when electrical interference takes place. The worst one is probably the extractor fan over the hob, which aslmost switches off the TV. The whole picture dies and the freeview info gets displayed again. Do i need to send it back and order one of these, or speak to an electrician. I am pretty worried about the amount of damage it might be doing to my telly and DVD player. Any Ideas? :lease:

TV: Panny TX-28DTX1; DVDR: Phillips R610; DVD Player: Denon DHT 550SD

2. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    How old are your electrics? Do you know their history?
    It would be best to sort the problem out at the source rather than try to fix it with mains filters.
    A seperate ring for your HI FI sounds like a good place to start.

3. netflix

netflix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    all of my stuff is pretty and only owned by me, never moved. TV is only about 6 months old. How much work is involved by putting in a seperate ring for all of my HIFI equipment? Sounds like a pretty big job?

4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    The problem does not lie with the AV componets but elsewhere and therefore needs to solved elsewhere. The boxes you link to are for solving radio frequency (RFI) and electromagnetic interference issues and not necessarily what you have. Go to RA web site, down load their booklet on mains and then get an electrician to fix the kitchen stuff. It isn't difficult to do.