1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IN EAR which Model

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Tobez, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok seem to be a few debates on this topic.
    My issue is i have an Ipod and want some earphones to complement is as the original 1s, you get are poor.

I originally had the Sony fontopia cant rem model but retailed at 35 i think. but for some reason ive lost them. Ive come to a comclusion that i want a good set, ive been looking at the ER4P by Etymotic, and also seen the £20 mx500s.

Has ne1 got any of the above and tested both, are the ER4P worth the £239.00 or can ne1 reccomend anything better than my old sonys for fullness etc. I did come across these babys but that is overkill

http://www.ultimateears.com/UE-10_PRO.htm

Thank in advance

P.s i can afford the ER4P but am i wasting my Money ?

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I've got a set of the cheaper Etymotics here,and I'd say you get most of the good points minus a little of the detail etc,but at a much more manageable price.
    It's fair to say though,that the ER4P's are more comfortable for longer term wearing,and perhaps a little less fiddly,but either will offer you some very good listening.

Part of the cost of those UE 10 phones is in the custom ear fitting....it will give you the best possible fit etc,but as you say,overkill.

3. davet010

davet010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Get hold of a pair of Shure e2c's or e3c's (£55 or £110) - excellent once you get used to them.

4. nikyzf

nikyzf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0