in ear phones for £100

Denon AH-C700 for about £70 from Amazon or iHeadphones.

Deep, tight bass.
Great mids and forward vocals.
Lovely highs (after about 20 hours use, before then they can be harsh)
Superb build quality, with aluminium housing and knot free cable
Excellent detail and very smooth, great for any type of music.

How are the tips, and the seal with the ear? I like the foam tips with my e2c.

Silicon tips, but the Shure foam tips fit, just swap them if you prefer.

I shall by buying the ULTIMATE EARS SUPER.FI 5 PRO, dual driver, all the review praise them! Much better than my e2c's, which have broken on me twice. :( all i need to do is get my archos replaced, and my shure e2cs replaced so i can sell them. sorted.

Many have difficulty with their fit, I hope they work out for you.

On the plus side, they have a detachable cable that will allow you some experimentation if you want to tweak their sound in future.

Many have difficulty with their fit, I hope they work out for you.

On the plus side, they have a detachable cable that will allow you some experimentation if you want to tweak their sound in future.

Hmm is it worth the risk? how bad is the fit, can't i use the foam buds like with my shure e2c

I have the Super.Fi 3, but for fit they're the same as the as the 5s, and they're the most comfortable earphones I've ever worn. But then again, I use the double flange tips so I must have some pretty weird ears.

Hmm is it worth the risk? how bad is the fit, can't i use the foam buds like with my shure e2c

I don't think you can get the Shure tips on without major surgery.

As to risk, if you buy from a company with good returns policy you should be OK if you struggle with fit.

Have a look at the Westone UM1's: -

http://www.pjbox.co.uk/Westone-UM1-NEW.htm

I originally had UM1's, but upgraded them to UM2's about a year later. Excellent phones, really rich sounding. Plus, they're the only in-ear phones I've been able to get a good fit with (and that includes Shures and Ultimate Ears).

Mark.

I've had 2 pairs of the super.fi 5 pros. I ebayed the first pair about 2 years ago to finance something else. The second pair, bought recently, were definately different to the first. Dunno if they now use cheaper materials (silicone tips were much harder) but I just couldn't get a decent seal like before. In the first lot I always got a "pop" as they were pulled out of my ears. The new ones just don't do that. It's difficult to make a seal and they fall out easily. The sound seemed different too. Not as good as I remember and enjoyed. I also had to ebay these. Personally, I was disappointed and I wouldn't buy again.

I've had 2 pairs of the super.fi 5 pros. I ebayed the first pair about 2 years ago to finance something else. The second pair, bought recently, were definately different to the first. Dunno if they now use cheaper materials (silicone tips were much harder) but I just couldn't get a decent seal like before. In the first lot I always got a "pop" as they were pulled out of my ears. The new ones just don't do that. It's difficult to make a seal and they fall out easily. The sound seemed different too. Not as good as I remember and enjoyed. I also had to ebay these. Personally, I was disappointed and I wouldn't buy again.

so not worth paying £100

Ah doesn't matter got the super fi 5 pro's for £60, sorted. All i have to do is wait till my archos comes so i have something to use them with.

Ah doesn't matter got the super fi 5 pro's for £60, sorted. All i have to do is wait till my archos comes so i have something to use them with.

good buy.. any chance you can share where you get it?

Well, I got them off ebay, from a respected seller (postive 171 feebacks). He said, he used to work for UE or something and wanted the cash. So i took the plunge last night, so should be here tomorrow. So for 60 quid its either one of the best deals I have ever got or its a con. Either way I'm protected by paypal, nothing to lose.
Hopefully they will be much better than my old E2c's.

If you look at my thread "E500 vs SE530 vs E5" you'll see I'm about to let go of my E5's. Just a thought. A quantum leap from the E2's - I went from them to the E5's

(I hope I haven't broken any forum rules here):nono:

Ah, cheers i got the super fi 5 pro, and wow a huge step up from the e2cs, punchy bass, warm mids, and crisp highs. Worth the £60, or even the 114 pounds they usually go for. Im happy I got these, I prefer the sponge buds, they are amazing, going to have to buy a couple though.

Also just a question, whats the difference between the comply foam tips http://www.complyfoam.com/ue/# and the normal foam tips http://www.earphonesolutions.com/uleasufoeart.html as the comply foam tips are twice the price, is it worth it?

Yes, I agree about the Super.fi 5 Pro's. They are really nice earphones - even at full price! :smashin:

I'd be very interested to hear any experiences of those Comply Foam ear tips as they look like they may be worth stocking at HiFi Headphones.

Shaun

Wow, I am amazed, just go tmy archos 605 wifi and the sound is amazing! so much louder and fuller with these headphones. Wow, can't believed i survied with the shure e2c's there are wow, amazing. I'm shocked!

I would like to suggest an alternative for comply foam. I use shure olive foam on my triple fi and they are really comfortable. It cost me about 7 quids for 5 pairs.

I have not try the comply foam, but would love to try when my shure foams are gone.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom