1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-ear for the gym

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Pat Marcus, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Pat Marcus

Pat Marcus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    pleas help me find some really good quality, comfortable in-ear headphones for use at the gym. They need to be quite sensitive as the headphone amps in the gym equipment are : a) very weedy and b) distort horribly when driven hard. Given that there are a wide variety of tv and music channels to listen to, plus the gym will play your CDs on a personal music server, it is worth making a bit of investment.
    Is there such a thing as a high-end in-ear headphone. Id thought of spending about £100.

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    The Etymotic range,and the Shure EC3 should all fit your budget,and then it's a matter of finding which suits you best.

For me,I like the Etymotics,but others will prefer the Shure.
    Both are very good quality in-ear phones with excellent isolation,and good reviews.

3. ush flynn

ush flynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    dang what gym does that man? you plug your own headphones into the equipment? am i way behind the times? my gym just as some old samsung CRT televisions hanging from the ceiling and some crappy radion staion on all the time!