1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-DVDs??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by alanrob, Mar 14, 2002.

1. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Has anyone used the new sponser of AVForums www.in-dvds.co.uk ?
    Just would like to hear from anyone who has used them or is think of using them.

2. Bobthewatcher

Bobthewatcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I've been using their services since September last year.

Very good value for money, 3 disc's per week for only £ 15.00, (though they have change the pricing structure since I joined as new members you only get 2 disc's for £ 15.00), also very efficient, as soon as they receive a disc back they send another one out.

The only criticism I could raise is that you can't specify exactly which disc's you will get, you put all the disc's you want on your list, and they send you what's available, so with new releases you might have to wait 3-4 week before you get to see it.

Still I'm not complaining, since it's give me chance to watch lots of films previous missed

3. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    I got my first two disks in last week and watched them over the weekend. Films I got were - The Watcher and One Night At McCools.

First of all both disks looked like someone had taken a brillo pad to them - talk about a mess. I had to clean both disks before I even thought about loading them in my player :(

One Night At McCools wouldn't play all of scene 12 and had to be skipped forward to resume watching. Very funny film though (for those you haven't seen it) as for The Watcher, the less said about this pile of cack the better.

I'll wait and see if this site will continue to recieve my customs, but if the disks arrive in the state these ones did then I think I'll be giving them a miss.

BTW, how moronic is it of people who get these disks on loan to treat them like this? I would never think of doing this to anything. Guess it's just the typical attitude of some people now-a-days!!!!

4. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    We've been using them in our office (3 of us share the monthly rental charge) for quite a while now and the service is excellent with prompt despatch and an SAE included to send them back.
    I've had a few problems with discs not working in my player, but the other 2 lads have had no problem at all (one of them even has the same model dvd player as me so I assume it's a problem with my machine - although I've never had any problems with discs that I've purchased)