In Dock iPod Remote Control Solution

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right Everyone....

I need advice and no where is better than AVF...

We have an iPod dock - Kitsound Boom Dock -

The dock is in the kitchen above the sink. It has a remote control but when in the dinning room there is no direct line of sight and therefore skipping tracks, etc is not possible.

Is there any solution of being able to remotely control the ipod/dock without direct line of sight?

Come lets here your solutions...

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
An IR repeater is what you want as far as cheap solutions go, or a cleverly placed system of mirrors :D

.... Or search the forum. The search function works! Keene sell IR distribution/extending devices - IRBKIT (or something like that).

This any good for you?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/KitSound-Bl...ible-BlackBerry/dp/B008O54QSK/ref=pd_vtp_ce_2

Kitsound - Product

You would then stream from the Iphone to the adapter. IE iphone in your hand.

Or if its just the IR controller you need to be 'made visible' use the Keene IR kit mentioned above. Very flexible, I use this for my gear that is in a cabinet.

This is a great solution only problem is it wont work with an ipod.
I thought there would be some dongle that could be attached to the iPod & could be controlled remotely like that but it appears i was wrong.

But i like this dongle for the iPhone.

Thanks

Ah, you have an older IPod, my loon's iPod touch has Bluetooth so I figured that wee adapter might suit you.
Itrip, or similar would probably work if no Bluetooth on your ithingie. Cheaper and easier than the IR kit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom