• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

In desperate need to fix an ISSUE with my LG C9

OLEDDoLED

Novice Member
Hello, this is the first time ever that i'm posting on a forum. I've posted on Twitter, talked to youtubers and LG support but their advice didn't work. Posted on Reddit but nothing good came out of that - i don't even know if people will see this post. Anyway, here's my issue.

A few days ago i have started noticing some sort of white bar at the edge of my TV - when looking at on a grey background i noticed that it's some sort of bar alongside the edge, but when i play a game that 'bar' turns into a white line.

Now, this is NOT a panel issue. I tested it out with different formats to see what happens and the result surprised me. I changed the format to 4:3 and the edges actually went along with the content shown on the display. (4:3 makes the display basically square) so i know it's not a panel issue.

Also when i come to close to the screen it disappears so i can't examine it properly but i do know that it's there.

This one problem has ruined my experience with this television, i have barely played any games and i have not watched a single movie or show since i noticed this problem. Strange enough is that i don't see this problem during the picture test.

Here are the things i tried:

Pixel refresher, twice.
Factory reset.
Unplugged the TV and pressed power button for 10 seconds.
Changing HDMI cables (it's not a HDMI issue because it's also on apps such as Netflix and Disney+)

My guess is that it's a software bug, simply because the edges aren't white on the edge of the panel itself, but the content.

Attachments

• 20201104_183516.jpg
    20201104_183516.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 27

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom