1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Depth Arcam AVR200 Review Required

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Matt Horne, Feb 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Hi...

Still interested in this Amp.. but missed the review in HCC last month (so it will be a while before its on the website)

Could any of the owners give us the once over.. in particular touching on the quirks which were raised in the AVR100 review which did seem to tarnish a nice amp.

Would my £800 be well spent with this amp?

I currently have a DV88 which I am very happy with.. and though I want a amp which does movies as well as music I do not want to skimp on the features I should be geating for that sort of money...

Cheers

Matt

2. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    There is a review of it in this month's HI FI Choice magazine, which should still be on the shelves. I bough the mag because they gave a review of the Pioneer DV-747A player. Be warned though that their review of the AVR-200 is only 1 page big (or small!).

Mark

3. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    ....and not exactly very AV. I stopped my subscription to HiFi Choice as their AV reviews were awful and more of a 'jump on the bandwagon' thing rather than anything approaching HCC standards in that department. So read it with a pinch of salt.

4. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I agree, I don't buy it normally but I wanted to see their review of the Pioneer universal player – which I must say was pretty good. I believe the Pioneer is a landmark product, I wish DENON had made their DVD-A1 a universal player.

The mags I buy regularly are HCC (of course!), What Video and What Hi-Fi.

Mark