1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In defence of the LG14

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by funkyshaker, Aug 13, 2003.

1. funkyshaker

funkyshaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I posted a while ago to get some feedback on the LG14 and the response that I got back from two guys was to not buy it.

Being a bloke and not having loads of cash I decided to buy one anyway - stupid or what!! I have now had the screen for two weeks and am very happy with it. OK, there will be screens that will be better, bigger and brighter but it does what it is supposed to do and I am happy.

Going back to other posts I have no problem with flickering on dark scenes, no connectivity problems whatsoever (RGB, component, scart), no vertical lines shooting up the screen.

There is a very low buzz but this can only be heard if you stick your head behing the plasma

Picture quality from Sky is not bad. I must admit that I thought it would be alot worse going by all the posts on here. There are some channels that are bad but they are not worth watching anyway.

Well, that's me done. Just wanted to let you all know how I got on and hopefully it will stay trouble free - I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

Dan

2. adesonic

adesonic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with you mate - I have the LG 17 (similar to the 14) and am very happy with it.

3. mre15

mre15

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I have had the 14 for some time now, and am pleased to say I have never had a problem with it.

If you look through these forums, there is always somebody who has something bad to say about every screen.

Not one panel out hasnt had a problem listed somewhere.

It what looks good to you, and keeps you happy.

I viewed 10 different panels before I purchased the lg 14, my main viewing being sky digital, and I didnt see any other panel give a significantly better picture for the extra thousands of pounds.

Stay happy.:p

4. marts62

marts62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Seconded, thirded or whatever. But I'm getting a bit tired of defending it. I tend to just sit back and tut, knowing that I am very happy with what I get for the money I paid.

Anyway, well said!

5. adesonic

adesonic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Too right m8, let the others sit back and feel smug while we count the extra grand in our pockets -

Long Live the Underdogs!

6. mikeblanche

mikeblanche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone with either the LG PZ14 or PZ17 got one or Dr Sim's RGB to component converters? (yes I know the rgb to vga one won't work with LG plasmas)

Does it make a big difference? Is it worth the money on a screen at this price point?

I'm currently watching my Tivo (connected to a Freeview box) via - aaaaaaarrrrghh - composite. !!!!!!

mike

7. funkyshaker

funkyshaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking aong the same lines. At the moment I have my Tivo connected via scart (Sky is connected through the Tivo) and my DVD is connected via component. All the above is connected to the tuner box but ideally, I suppose it should go straight to the plasma.

8. adeyb

adeyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I bought the LG 17 and thought it was lovely but I took it back after reading most of the posts on this board, I thought it was good though but for the kind of money these things cost you wanna know you got the right thing!

richer sounds sorted me out with a Panasonic 5 series ( £2495) price match with nexnix.

Yes, the Panasonic is better, quite a lot better in fact, and for £300 more than the LG its a good deal, the LG did look cool with the brushed surround. I dont think its worth £1000 more tho.

Adeyb
    virgin poster