1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in celing and wall speakers for 6.1 home cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Dave_, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Dave_

Dave_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a question concerning in ceiling speakers.

As I am building a new house I do have the luxory to wire and install speakers in wall and ceilings. I am planning to have two in wall speakers on each side of the projector screen and one in wall beneath the screen.

My mail question is concerning the in ceiling speakers which I am planning to have a few feets from the left and right side of the sofa (probablt also one in the rear center for the 6.1 sound).

As this ceiling speakers are facing down and not towards the listener(´s ears) I do wonder if the sound will be strange or misplaced.

Does anyone have any experience of having speakers in ceiling used for home cinema?

Thank you in advance for your responses...

2. Rob Sinden

Rob Sinden
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,840
    It depends on your budget.

If you want something really good for custom work, check out Triad's forward facing in ceiling speakers. They are properly made and constructed speakers in a high quality box that go complete into your ceiling with a tilted 45% internal baffle.

If not try an M&K speaker such as the SW 85 or 95 which will really kick arse if used with a sub and work well off axis thanks to their phase focused cross over.

3. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Depending on your budget, have a look at Stealth Accoustics who do a in wall speaker that you can plaster in and then paint / wall paper over.

Not your normal nxt either, they come with a cross over and bass driver. They offer traditional speakers and even a sub and in wall amp!