• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

in ceiling speakers

T

TWMB

tried this in speakers forum but got no response - starting loft conversion shortly and will need in ceiling rears on a 5.1 system (front/centres will be monitor br5's/lcr) but one will be mounted in sloping ceiling and one in flat ceiling so looking for something with some directional adjustability, any suggestions greatly appreciated. alos as its a loft conversion wont have a huge amount of depth to play with.

T

TWMB

Thanks, Have Seen Those But Just Need Something With A Bit Of Directional Adjustment Within The Enclosure

andyman2

Speakercraft Aim8 series have directional tweeters. I use these as fronts, due to circumances beyond my control - but have been very pleased with them. I believe they do a range from about £180/speaker upwards

Andy

andyman2

Actually that was not entirely correct. Looking last night reminded me that both the bass and the treble can be angled independently.

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
I mainly use speakercraft for our jobs.

Could box out a small section of the flat ceiling to match the angle of the sloping one... wouldn't be more than a few bits of wood and a lick of paint. Make it about the size of a regular speaker box but cut down it's diagonal.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Lots of manufacturers have movable tweetersa few are fully movable with the confines of the outer casing Sonance is one i seem to remember

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
This one ideally wants tilting bass drivers as well as tweeters. Speakercraft again do this in most of their ranges, there's the excellent AIM WIDE range which are perfect surround speakers - not because you can angle them but because they disperse in every direction!

http://www.speakercraft.com/#Products:410:AIM%20Wide One

Or maybe use some AIM LCR speakers where you tilt the whole unit in the wall.

http://www.speakercraft.com/#Products:410:AIM Wide One

Depending on aesthetics I do still like the idea of just boxing out a small section of the sloping ceiling to make the mounting position exactly match the non-sloping ceiling (or vice versa).

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom