1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-Ceiling Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by wvoss, Jul 17, 2002.

1. wvoss

wvoss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm converting my garage and know most of the kit I'm going to buy except which speakers will go with the Denon 3802. I have good ideas for the fronts but fancy having In-ceiling for the sides & rears due to a slighty upset wife. I've heard M&K + sonance make them but need to know if they are any good. I only want to spend around £250-£350 a pair. Any ideas anyone??????

2. mortimar

mortimar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Another Speaker firm to consider is B&W http://www.bwspeakers.com.

I would have throught M&K would be a bit out of your price range. There cheapest would be around £250-£300 each

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    MK speakers start from around the £500 mark for the SW-85. They only make 4 in-wall speakers that I can think of.

B&W in-wall/ceiling speakers start from £180 (CCM 50 I think), and go up to £750 (Signature 7NT).

Others to look at are the Linn Diskreets £200 pair.

Personally I would go with the B&W CCM 65 or 80 (both are round co-ax style speakers) or their in wall cousins. CWM 650/800 I think.

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    I would avoid the disctreet actually. It's OK but if you can get to Sekrits you'll have one of the best in-wall speakers about for under £1000. If you're fitting them yourself you may find a Linn dealer who'll drop price below £400 per pair.

Sonance are OK too. Snell have just launched a cheaper in wall range. Not tried them yet but their bigger in-walls are best I've used but over £1000 each for fronts and around £650 pair for multi-pattern surrounds.

Gordon

5. wvoss

wvoss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. I'll take a look at all of these especially the B&W's as I was thinking on B&W's for the front/centre.

First time I've posted on here. Great response. Thanks Again...

Warren....

6. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Can I just ask why your missus is upset with you turning the garage into a cinema room? What did she use it for before? Pottery studio?:confused:

7. wvoss

wvoss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought someone would ask that. As you most probably know the garage was just full of rubbish like most but when it's converted she wants it to be another room without big bulky speakers. I thought for an easy life I would house all the fronts in cabinets and sides/rears in the ceiling.

Failing that I'd have to turn into Trevor off EastEnders again..

:mad: