In Ceiling Speakers

RajP

Distinguished Member
All

First Post. I need recommendation on In Ceiling mounted Speakers. I need four speakers for the Kitchen and 2 for Living Room.

I would like to pipe thru these either Radio or music from my PC's harddrive. Would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks
Raj
:thumbsup:

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
what are the speakers going to be connected to? and whats teh budget, you can easily spend £800 a pair for inceilings and alot more on the kit to run them

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
rexgold said:
What I need is a system that will allow me to pipe the music from my PC to both these rooms. The kind of music is soft background music and other type.
Budget? There are lots of ways of doing this, some cheap some good few are both what level of control do you need in the remote rooms.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
there are lots of multiroom systems that will do 2 rooms for £1500 any dealer can quote you what you need.

E

EghamHomeCinema

I have often thought of ceiling speakers . . . but mainly for piping music into the bathroom / toilet never for 'proper' sounds.

However, a KEF setup is presumably good.

+ Are these speakers for background elevator music?
+ Could they be used for a full home cinema?
(and let me remove the black boxes from the floor!)
+ Are they good enough for the kitchen but not the lounge?

+ £225 is neither a lot of cash for home cinema but these are not cheapy PC speakers either. What applications are ceiling speakers would they be appropriate for?

+ Can any speakers 8 feet up pointing downwards reproduce the sound of speakers at ear level firing horizonatlly ?

Thanks

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
EghamHomeCinema said:
However, a KEF setup is presumably good.
never assume that

Ceiling speakers are fine for back gorud and you can have a good sound but you pay more than you would for traditional speakers to get the same sound. for 5.1 and surround ceilings can be quite effective for reaars, Fronts need to be at ear level really. Sonance do some decent in ceiling cinema systems but alot of money!!!!!!!!! if it has to be invisible it can be but at a price

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
if you trawl the archives people in the past have used them often as rears in 7.1 i am sure you can find some info on them a load of old stock models got cleared at silly mopney £60 a pair or something so a few people bought em

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom