• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question In ceiling speakers

Kev R

Looking for some advice/recommendations, I have recently moved to a new property and discovered all the rooms including bathrooms, kitchen, hall and landing are pre wired for sound with a pair of what appears to be decent quality cables.

All in I need 14 pairs of speakers so cost vs performance is a major consideration, I need to cut my cloth accordingly whilst I want a good sound the budget is limited. It would be nice to get the whole house done at once but understand a reasonably decent level of quality may be beyond my immediate finically capability...anyhow any suggestions or actual experience of good value for money products would be welcome.

Cheers...Kevin.

muljao

Looking for some advice/recommendations, I have recently moved to a new property and discovered all the rooms including bathrooms, kitchen, hall and landing are pre wired for sound with a pair of what appears to be decent quality cables.

All in I need 14 pairs of speakers so cost vs performance is a major consideration, I need to cut my cloth accordingly whilst I want a good sound the budget is limited. It would be nice to get the whole house done at once but understand a reasonably decent level of quality may be beyond my immediate finically capability...anyhow any suggestions or actual experience of good value for money products would be welcome.

Cheers...Kevin.
Just an observation here, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

From what I understand, getting good quality ceiling speakers is more expensive than getting good quality normal speakers. Do you need 14 sets of speakers, would you have bought this many if there wasn't pre-wiring already there? Do you need to use ceiling speakers just because it is an option?

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
The Monitor Audio range seem to be appreciated.

In-Ceiling

They vary in price a good bit, but I'm assuming that some rooms are going to be more used and therefore more important as far as sound quality goes?

Also, if you can bring yourself to do the job in batches then it should be easier to get a quality set up all round without tears.

Kev R

Thanks for the replays guys...

I like the look, performance (according to reviews) and price of the Cambridge C155s so think I may go as far as the present budget allows and build up from there.

Any suggestions for a multi-channel amp?

Sorry for the late come back

Kevin

MIKEVO

What are you driving them with, as far as source and amplification?

If you are looking to furnish bathrooms etc and don't already have holes in the ceiling, there may be alternative lifestyle choices, such as Sonos.

Ceiling speakers are great for Atmos Effects and Marks and Spencers PA systems, but not so good for HiFi.

There may be better solutions.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom