In-ceiling speakers & subwoofer for Sonos in kitchen

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Speakers' started by distraught, May 4, 2016.

1. distraught

distraught
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm having a new kitchen fitted, well the wife is, and my only requirement is a Sonos Connect Amp and suitable half decent in-ceiling speakers & subwoofer. This is just for the purpose of streaming music from a phone etc. I have a budget of £500-£800ish. For the speakers so far i've considered: Tannoy Mercury ic5 and ic6, KEF Ci130CR and Ci160CR, Bose 191, Q Install Qi65c. Are there any others I should consider? For the subwoofer the choice doesn't seem so great. There is a Cambridge Audio C200B but this is a bit pricey in terms of the overall budget.
    Also should there be a gadget in the equation to help/protect the Sonos with impedance matching or can it handle this itself? Finally should the subwoofer be mounted in the ceiling in a wooden backboard or even a box? Thank you.

2. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,288
    I've got a Sonos connect amp powering a set of Monitor Audio CP260's in the ceiling.

Sounds very good indeed, I don't have a sub in the system but don't massively feel I'm missing out without one as its for general listening whilst doing stuff in the kitchen / eating.

You don't need anything extra between the Sonos and speakers.