in-ceiling screen advice needed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 18j, Aug 6, 2006.

1. 18j

18j
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm in the middle of building an extension to the house that will give me a room about 15ft x 9ft and want to set up a projector and screen, probably an in76, so can i mount any of the electric screens in the ceiling void leaving a letterbox slot for the lowering of the screen or has it got to be certain types ?

2. AV Nik

AV Nik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Hi 18j,
    There are specific screens available called 'Recessed Screens'.
    The best I have used are the Projecta 'Advantage Electrol' and the Draper 'Access Series'. Both professional quality with 5 year motor warranties.
    With these, you can install the recess case easily and then the screen slots in afterwards. Some recess cases are available with the option to install other electric screens.
    Checkout these manufacturers:
    Projecta
    Draper

A DIY alternative would to fit the screen between joists or above a suspended ceiling, replace the ceiling underneath it with the appropriate slot for the screen to lower through.
    Hope this helps?
    You should receive more answers from other people too.

AV Nik

3. 18j

18j
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks nik but they are more than the pj i planned to buy :eek: . looks like i may have to try and make something up !

4. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    hi, I jfitted my 7ft electric screen to the celing then built a 2x1" frame round it then covered with plywood left a slot then decorated it in the same wallpaper as the rest of the room. pretty easy and cheap really. Mike