1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in case anyones interested..

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Brian H, Jan 9, 2001.

1. Brian H

Brian H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    decided I'd risk it for a biscuit and get hollow man and try it out on me wharfey 750...but I failed, badly - no amount of swearing or button fiddling was going to make the blessed thing work - so now you know..thinking about getting one of them modchips from dvdchips (I think that's their name) which sorts out the various problem discs and sorts out rce..if anybody has down this I'd be interested to know how simple, succesful, worthwhile it was...all the best

2. graeme

graeme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was under the impression that the 750s (both generations) were RCE compatable?
    Is it the 750 player youve got?

3. Brian H

Brian H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah..fraidso...it's a good wee player the 750 but this rce nonsense is a real pain..I reckon it'll fade out but I'm going to get my machine sorted- just in case...all the best

4. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    someone suggested starting a region 1 non-rce disc then inserting the rce disc would do the trick

however, that was on a chipped player, a 717.

------------------
    Assumption is the mother of all errors

member formerly known as hank hill, the Jesus H
    but he got bored of that so changed to some latin sh*t
    'which is nice'