1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in car

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by lovemunkey187, Apr 7, 2005.

1. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I'm wanting to get an mp3 player for my car.

At the mo' a standard Ford radio/cassette is installed, so it needs to be compatible with this.

2. simon100

simon100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Nothing is strictly compatible. However you have a number of choices:
    An FM transmitter which plugs into the player and broadcasts on an FM frequency that you tune your radio to, convenient but ever so slightly illegal
    A cassette which plugs into the line out/headphone socket of your player and goes into your cassette player in the car
    An FM modulator which is wired to the ariel lead and which then allows the modulator to transmit direct to the car radio
    A direct link to a line in on your car radio, which is usually a CD changer socket, if there is one.
    Have a search on this forum for more details and on player specific sites as well such as www.ipodlounge.com

3. kyza

kyza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my mate uses the casette thing simon mentioned for his car, it works really well, sounds perfect

4. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29