In car subwoofer

mart13trev

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all this is my first post, so its probably in the wrong place.

i enjoy listening to music in my car and i'd quite like to have a sub. the things i dont want are: a) to look like a chav and b) to lose masses of boot space.

are there any sublte alternatives???

thanks in advance

Yes, you could go for a subwoofer box moulded to fit the side of the boot space. Pictures explain it better:
My fibreglass sub box build - MIG Performance Vauxhalls

That's just a random example picked off Google. Just search for fibreglass sub build or something like that and you'll get lots more.

What car do you have?

Oh yeah, get yourself over to Talk Audio which is the UK site for car audio.

Last edited:
thanks for those links. that looks like a pretty thorough job with the built in one. looks really good though

i just got given a 1.4 1999 peugeot 306 facelift. it already has pretty good speakers - built in the parcel shelf as standard. but the car its replacing has dreadful ones - my 1993 nissan micra. to improve the sound quality i took speakers from my mums morris minor... sums it up really. anyway thanks for your help :thumbsup:

I've got a '99 306 as well. :D

The 306 will take decent sized speakers in the front doors so you can improve the sound a lot that way.

oh nice. what a coincidence. any specific brands/models/specifications to look out for?

thanks.

not much really at the moment. ive run out of money sorting out essentials for the car.

hi all this is my first post, so its probably in the wrong place.

i enjoy listening to music in my car and i'd quite like to have a sub. the things i dont want are: a) to look like a chav and b) to lose masses of boot space.

are there any sublte alternatives???

thanks in advance

Presumably a free air sub could be an option?

Thsoe that know infinitely more than me may explain or rubbish - as appropriate!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom