1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Car Questions/Advice/Recommendations

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by aligebes, Jan 22, 2004.

1. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My friend has decided to purchase an mp3 car entertainment system, but needs some advice on the way to proceed.

He used to own a Sony MD changer which was fitted to his Honda Goldwing and still has the unit, so has some knowledge about in car audio systems.

He has been advised Mp3 is the way to go, but needs a place to start, a hard drive based system is preferable to a USB storage system.

Can someone advise on , the head unit, HD storage sizes available, and if the MD changer can be integrated as well, it is a Sony MD65 changer.

It will be getting fitted to a G reg BMW 5series,the previous owner appeared to have had an entertainment system, as the wiring and "decent speakers" were left in the car.

Any advice or websites that could help is gratefully appreciated.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    try www.mcs-direct.co.uk great prices and service, there are a few MP3 units but they are expensive, I opted for an MP3 CD player so i burn MP3's to CD or CD-RW and they fit in the dashmounted HU I have Sony CDX MP40 that has MD changer control. Higher spec units will too.

3. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Wow,thanks for the fast reply, I made a slight error, the MD changer was sold with the bike, but he still has a Sony CDX-65 changer unit... Will check out the website though.

Thanks again for the faaaast reply